Inspired by the Case Study Program from the 1950's these Bird Houses are designed for the discerning little brown birds in your neighborhood. The Bird Houses are constructed by hand using four layers of Hardwood Veneer, the Poplar facades are painted in retro colors for today's modern bird and each has an untreated, solid cedar roof. Each has an aluminum back door for easy cleaning out after each season. The Bird Homes can be mounted on a wall or hung with the attached cable. Since they are hand built with solid woods, each is unique and will have some natural wood figuring. The Bird Houses are suitable for exterior use by way of low VOC exterior grade paint, water-based sealants and waterproof glues and stainless steel fasteners.
The Bird Homes have been designed for little brown birds.
- Urban Home: House Finch , House Wren
- Mid Century Home: House Sparrow, Prothonotary Warbler
- SubUrban Home: Nuthatches, Chickadee
- Hand Molded Plywood with water-proof sealant for exterior use
- Clear and unsealed, Alaskan Cedar roof
- Painted Poplar wood faces with color-safe, water-proof finish
- Stainless steel hanging cable and hardware and directions
- Three unique designs for North American "Little Brown Birds"
- 5.5" H x 11.5" W x 6" D
- All materials are sourced from the US and built in Seattle by Five Ply Design.